I Hate Lima

,
Okay this title is misleading, but for the first time while traveling, I am truly irritated by our location. Lima is okay, I don't hate it, but I am very angry right now. We walked around for 2 hours looking for a cheap, delicious place to eat with no luck. This never happened ANYWHERE else. Not only that, but I'm getting really sick of the smog. It's worse than LA. It smells bad everywhere, even though we're right by the beach. Also, the traffic sucks. Not just the fact that its crowded, but EVERYONE AND THEIR MOMS honk for no reason. They're so rude and it makes me want to punch their cars. They don't just honk, but they hold their horns for up t0 30 seconds at a time (not even exaggerating). I have never been surrounded by such nasty drivers. While walking around today, some punk kid also threw water on my face from a passing bus, and as I turned to look I saw the kid laughing at me and pointing. I wanted to strangle his skinny little neck.

I just wanted to vent. Overall, traveling is going smoothly. We are off to Costa Rica (with a short stop in Columbia) in half a day and we are excited for all the adventurous things we are going to do there (hopefully waterfall rappelling, river rafting, and zip-lining). Now I am going to drown my sorrows in all you can eat Peruvian sushi, which is quite possibly the best sushi I have ever had in my life. Yes, we are going back for the second time. It's that good. And cheap.

4 comments:

Ben Kim said...

honestly, you guys are such slacker travelers. i really do think jullie and i are roughing it more than you lame-os. sushi? steak? stupid

Unknown said...

I agree Ben said.

Ben Kim said...

i agree appa said

brandonlee said...

HAHAHAH this conversation made us laugh. a lot.

Post a Comment