falling into place

,
Lately, a lot of my daily activities revolve around planning my worldwide adventure. I've found that my plans change so much every day, and I love it. I love how I don't have set destinations until my flights are booked, and even then I have the freedom to cancel my flights (thanks to discounted flight insurance from cheapoair.com). I like being able to just throw away whatever I had planned on doing and switching it up and not having to worry about what might come next. I read something on Matador Network that said trip plans are useful, but when followed too stubbornly, we lose purpose in our travels and restrict and stifle ourselves. I think that spontanaeity is a good thing sometimes. Without it, we hardly get to experience how life miraculously works out, even without perfect planning.

About a year ago, while we were in Haiti, Patrick Poquiz told me that things will always fall into place. It wasn't one of those inspiring "God will take care of you" speeches, or anything like that. Instead, Patrick was sharing his heart-felt awe at the miracle of everyday life. Things just do fall into place. It's not something we can explain, but everyone can just stop and take a look at their own life to see that things just tend to work out. As hard as I try to plan my trip right now, something will always get in the way or change suddenly, and I love being able to have the reassurance that, no matter what, I'll be okay.



Important Updates
1. We're flying out of LAX on Sunday, July 26, 11:30 PM (come see us off!). I arrive in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Tuesday, July 28, 11:05 AM after a 10 hour layover in Mexico City.
2. On August 9, we're flying out of Rio de Janeiro at 3:20 PM. We reach Buenos Aires, Argentina at 7:55 PM on the same day after a 45 minute layover in Montevideo.
3. Eddie Kim is no longer traveling with Yoontae and me. It's just a two-man trip again.
4. If you want to travel, do it now. Seriously. I just booked nearly 7500 miles worth of international flights for about $640. Thats after taxes, fees, and ticket insurance. Amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment