Brandon's Travels Pt. 2

,
Now I'm in Germany. I don't really know where to start. I'm now traveling with my cousin Matt Choo instead of Yoontae, since he has school, and so far all is well. We took a plane from LAX to Philadelphia, got some awesome Philly Cheesesteaks from Geno's, a famous place in South Philly, and then visited the Liberty Bell. Matt wanted to lick it but there were too many people around. After a few hours in Philly, we flew to Frankfurt, Germany, then to Hannover where we managed to take a train into the city's center. We arrived around 10 AM and tried to stay awake long enough to adjust our bodies to the 9 hour time difference, but that didn't work out too well. We found a decently cheap hotel, checked in and dropped off our bags, explored the city a bit, ate, went into a few shops and bookstores, then became overwhelmed by physical exhaustion. We trekked back to our hotel and knocked out around 4 PM. 15 hours later, we woke up and figured we should probably do something, so we got ready and ate breakfast at McDonalds.

Before you judge us for going ALL the way to Germany and eating McDonalds, understand that we checked a lot of other places, but apparently Germans aren't big on Sunday morning breakfast. Even the cafes don't open until 10. The only places open were Subway and McDonalds, so we chose McDonalds. I tried to order, but the cashier didn't know English and she started yelling at me in German. I don't think she was happy that she had to start her Sunday morning shift with an incompetent Korean kid who couldn't even speak her language. Lucky for me, the other lady who had just bought coffee spoke some English so she helped me order my food. We went back to the hotel briefly and then took the local street train that was kind of like the trolleys in San Diego. We took this street train thingy all the way to Herrenhauser Gardens, which are the most famous tourist attraction in Hannover (according to the tourist information center). It was actually pretty nice. Everything was really beautiful and green, but it was a little too romantic. I think Matt and I were the only couple who went into the gardens that wasn't romantically involved. I took some really nice creeper pictures of couples because the garden made it so picturesque. I'll upload them later.

We went back into town afterwards and walked allllllllllllllll over. We saw pretty much everything there was to see (based on the tourist map that we had). We also got a little lost for a while but, surprisingly, I managed to lead us back to our hotel after dinner. We knocked out really early again and woke up at 7. That brings us to today. We ate breakfast at the hotel, took a train to Braunschweig, walked a few miles all around the city center while looking for a place to stay, ate lunch at some fish place for pretty cheap, and came to this internet cafe. Lucky for us, a lady from Couchsurfing.com had emailed me, so in about an hour and half we are going to her house to sleep on her couch. FOR FREE. Awesome deal, right?

Overall, Germany has been pretty cool but I feel like everyone here judges us. They give us nasty looks sometimes when we don't understand English, and we feel like they're judging us very heavily when we do something stupid like trip or knock down a chair. Other than that, everything we've seen has been so beautiful. The fields, parks, and areas in the city are so beautiful. Now that we're in Braunschweig, we're going to Battle of the Year. I'm so excited!

Okay this post kind of sucks now that I look back but I don't have time to write better stuff. I'll do better next time, sorry readers. I just crammed a lot of stuff and it's not that interesting. Maybe I can write something better tonight if our CouchSurfing host has a computer we can use. And maybe I'll put up pictures!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

couchsurfing.com is actually really cool! And matt, you shouldve just licked the liberty bell. Ur almost awesomely epic experience is gone. Forever.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you got Matt back to the hotel safely. and Have fun at Battle of the Year.

Post a Comment