Free Apartment in Berlin

,
Through the wonders of CouchSurfing, we have come across a man in Berlin. This man, Jens, owns an apartment complex with his friend, and they have an apartment on the fourth floor that is vacant. While Matt and I sent messages on CouchSurfing.com, he replied to a post I made and said we could stay for two nights. We took a subway to the address he gave us, had a little trouble finding it, but finally met up with him today around 7 PM after exploring Berlin on foot. We thought we were staying with him in an apartment, but he gave us the whole vacant apartment on the fourth floor to ourselves, complete with a fully stocked kitchen, laptop, clean linens, and our own bathroom and washer. We talked with him while having tea and realized that an awesome guy he really is. He also told us a lot about Germany and also the neighborhood he lives in (there's lots of prostitutes here, but apparently prostitution is an occupation recognized by the government). He has great life philosophies and he's really laid back but he also has a great work ethic and a lot of self-motivation. He's well off but not too occupied with accumulating wealth and he is open to all kinds of cultures and lifestyles. A new role model!

So now we are in our free apartment, and I am typing this from the laptop he gave us to use. We went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of food to make tomorrow, and life is just amazing. While in Berlin, we've walked about 20 km in two days, eaten nonstop, seen some famous stuff, and met some awesome people. Compared to South America, having nice conversations is much easier here. Tomorrow, I think we will take a bike tour of the area, which is supposed to be really educational.

Berlin is nice, at least the areas we've seen so far. Meeting people this trip has been really awesome so far, and I'm really glad I found out about the CouchSurfing thing. Traveling in general is just so fun and it's making me a tiny bit more responsible, I think. It's also making me a bit better at being able to adapt since we're making plans while we move constantly. Hopefully, I can apply this when I get home too because being able to adapt to unexpected obstacles really helps life become so enjoyable.

Anyways, I'm starting to miss chingoos and family a bit since Facebook always tells me about everyone else's life, so send me nice messages and emails. Thanksies.

1 comments:

ChosenCho said...

wow this couchsurfing thing sounds awesomeeeeeee. dang you're going to be so experienced and wise when you come back dude

Post a Comment