blah blah blah

,
This is my favorite HSBC ad. Every time I took an EasyJet flight in Europe (and Morocco), I would see this ad and, as I left Morocco, I realized that it summed up a very important lesson in traveling.

Traveling is important because you get to see the world, and seeing the world is important because it helps you realize that different is not necessarily bad. Spain, for example, came as an offensive shock to me because of the seemingly racist comments we got from everyone, including children, but we learned (slowly) that the Spanish meant no harm (most of the time). People do value things differently all around the world, and traveling allows you to break away from priorities that have been enforced by your culture and surroundings. That way, it's YOU who decides what's important to you.

Sometimes it can be difficult to suddenly jump into a place that radically different from what you're used to. Not only is it hard to force yourself out of your comfort zone, but there's always the issue of time and money. If you can work up the courage, time, and money, though, it makes you more appreciative and open towards people. And, in my opinion, this allows you to love life more fully.

2 comments:

sarah chong said...

insightful (:
HI BRANDON HERE IS MY COMMENT TO PROVE I AM READING!

hugger_mugger said...

HIII

Post a Comment