my movie

,
This past week, I learned how to walk slowly.

I walk kinda fast when I want to go somewhere, or even when I'm just wandering. Since I'm alone, I completely forgot that the journey is as important (if not more) than the destination. So I rushed and rushed and rushed. Don't we all?

Then I was reminded that I was traveling for the sake of traveling and not for the sake of getting to each destination. So, I slowed down. Now I remember what's so special about being in between point A and point B.

You know in 500 Days of Summer when Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in the happy stage of his relationship and he goes out through the park, dressed all snazzy? Everyone is happy to see him and people start dancing and the whole world is revolving around him. Or in Enchanted, when Giselle takes the main character guy (forgot his name) through the park and starts singing and everyone starts singing along and dancing around them... that's what it feels like! When I walk really, really slowly from place to place I feel like everything is about me. Little kids in strollers (or prams, as the Australians call 'em) stare up at me, I have time to say hi and smile to strangers, I notice all these cool looking things I would never have noticed normally, and it feels like the world is practically begging for my attention. At one point, a ginormous cockatoo even landed on my head! Okay, to be honest it was kind of gross and I hate birds but still, walking slowly makes me feel like the whole world is ALL ABOUT ME! Walking around is SO much more enlightening when you take it easy and radiate happiness to people as you move along. I feel like the main character of a really happy movie. I pretty much look like Joseph Gordon-Levitt's better looking brother anyway.

3 comments:

sarah chong said...

LOLOLOLOL AT THE COCKATOO HAHAHAHHA

Anonymous said...

So interesting! I wonder what it'll be like to go back to school for you... I can't imagine taking it THAT slow... that's crazy to me... haha

--Andreia

Anonymous said...

for you, kiddo! http://supermassiveblog.com/2010/03/02/for-brandon-lee/

Post a Comment