Vision

,
Traveling around the world has allowed me to see more than I can possibly recollect and I feel like my vision has been upgraded. My eyesight isn't any better, but the quality of what registers seems to be completely different and I feel like I see more fully. Never before have I felt that my various Canon Powershots have fallen short of what I wish to accomplish with my pictures, but now I constantly feel the need for equipment that can capture everything I notice. I think I need one of those IMAX 3D cameras. And it really pisses me off that all the Asian tourists have such baller cameras but half of them can't take pictures for shizz. I should steal one.

I've been given so much time alone lately to do little more than think about my life and it really blows me away how crazy the things I've seen really are. Frozen waterfalls, stretches of desert, ocean all around you as far as the eye can see... I've really seen some amazing things, and it's not just the quantity of images that has increased. The quality has changed too. I guess it can be argued that it's not really vision, but what's changing is all in my interpretation of what I see. Still, it's the way the images I see are taken in and to me it's still my vision thats changing. Vision is just our perception of light anyway... so if my "perception" is changing than my vision is changing, right? It's kind of embarrassing that I'm so easily impressed (I've caught people staring at me because I'd just be sitting there taking pictures of such mundane things for a long time) and I often feel childish but I think it's a good thing most of the time. Well, even if it isn't... I'm happy to be amused by stupid things. At least I'm not bored.

4 comments:

Sung-Jin Choi said...

I know what it feels like to not have comments :)

Keep on trucking Brandon. Life is a grand journey. You probably already know this but just in case, you're living an opportunity most people only dream of. Don't take it for granted!!

Unknown said...

bleh js failed another midterm ahahhaha

Mike Choi said...

This is beautiful.
You are beautiful.

I want to travel the world one day, just like you! <3

sunbaikee said...

im reading your blog and commenting on it stupid. happy?

Post a Comment